On the non-medical side of things Owen has been a true blessing. He is a very good baby, despite some issues of not wanting to be put down. We were told that he may have that problem with being early and not getting that extra snuggle time in the womb. For being so little he is a strong fella and pretty early on he started holding his head up high and moving it all around. The pediatrician was very impressed with his legs and arm muscles with being early and how strong he was; this of course was wonderful to hear that he is moving in the right direction.
Jarred and I hosted Thanksgiving dinner for the first time at our new house with Owen only being a week and a half old. I was super excited to use our china for the first time since Jarred and I got married. It was nice too having everyone over and not having to run around with a toddler and newborn.
Ethan has been great with his new brother and trying to help out in any way possible. With that comes some tantrums and seeking for attention. Ethan quickly learned he could get into things while I was nursing. The biggest incident was when he sneaked away upstairs and got into a bottle of nail polish. I heard a crash from him knocking over a 3 drawer cabinet and found Ethan with nail polish on his feet, lips, and tongue. This ultimately lead to a phone call to poison control with not knowing how much he got in his mouth. We have yet to find the nail polish bottle that he had gotten into.
| Owen's first Thanksgiving. |
No comments:
Post a Comment